Georgian citizen students of the Universities and vocational-educational institutions are welcomed to participate in the National Agricultural Olympiad (NAO).
For the students NAO is planned to be provide in the following agricultural fields:
- Agricultural sciences, agronomy – IPM agro-chemistry and organic agriculture.
- Veterinary - Basic diseases of cattle, poultry and sheep – identification, prevention and treatment methods.
- Vine-making technology - Modern vine-making technologies with the consideration of the vineyard disposition and agro-climatic conditions, vine processing and bottling methods and technologies, vine microbiology, wine chemistry, the existing zones and micro zones of viticulture in Georgia.
- Food technology - Bio chemistry and micro biology of the food products, quality control management methods, food safety.
- Agricultural mechanization - Classification of the existing basic agricultural machinery types and the basic principles of their functioning.
- Forestry - Priority subjects/themes: Forest biodiversity protection, artificial a forestation – handling and management rules of the nurseries, identification methods of the basic insect pests, mites, and diseases (fungal, bacterial, viral) of the key arboreal plant varieties disseminated in the forests of Georgia.
Winners will be revealed in each selected agricultural field. Or in other words - prizes are planned to be awarded in each selected agricultural field and the ratings of the winners will be provided separately as well.
The competitors of the participant student of NAO will be only other students and not the specialists
The first place winning student and the students achieving the II and III places in the rating of NAO will be awarded with various types of valuable prizes. Besides, the popularization campaign of the winners will be provided on the national level by the organizers of the projects and by the Ministry of Environment and Agriculture of Georgia.
In relation to students, the basic goal of NAO is to identify and promote the prospective and highly motivated students on the national level. This approach will have the positive influence on the further Career development process of the winner students.
The additional information about the rules of the participation in NAO is presented on the following link.